Most of students who are living in village not aware about the fact that there are various government and non-government organisation provide award of financial aid for a poor and meritorious student to further their education. Here we list few of them.
There are various scholarships available after your school exams. Here we list few well known scholarships for students from west bengal. If you have secured more then 65% marks in your board exam then you are eligible to apply many scholarship. The most common scholarship is Swami Vivekananda Merit-cum-Means scholarship by West Bengal Government. If you want any help feel free to contact Rakesh Jana (mob: 9614735067).
Scholarship Provided by W.B. state Government
- Who can apply: All class X and Class XII pass students with at least 75% marks. (Excluding elective/optional subjects)
- Eligibility Criteria: To apply a student requird At least 75% in aggregate in Madhyamik Pariksha (excluding optional) or at least 75% marks in higher secondary exam (consisting of two language subjects and three best elective subjects). Students must have to enrol in Class-XI on passing the Madhyamik Pariksha or in first year of Under Graduate Course after passing the H.S.Exam in the current academic year are eligible to apply.
LEVEL COURSE RATE PER MONTH (RS.) DPI UG (ARTS) 1000/- UG(COMMERCE) 1000/- UG (SCIENCE) 1500/- UG (OTHER PROFESSIONAL COURSES, UGC APPROVED) 1500/- PG (ARTS) 2000/- PG (COMMERCE) 2000/- PG (SCIENCE) 2500/- PG (OTHER PROFESSIONAL COURSES, UGC APPROVED) 2500/- NON NET M.PHIL./NON NET PH.D. 5000/- / 8000/- DSE HS 1000/- DTE UG (ENGG.), PG (ENGG.) AND OTHER PROFESSIONAL COURSES (AICTE APPROVED) 5000/- DTE&T UG (POLYTECHNIC) 1500/- DME UG (MEDICAL-DEGREE) AND DIPLOMA COURSES 5000/- AND 1500/- RESPECTIVELY
- How To Apply: To apply this scholarship go to the following link. The whole application procedure is online. There is no need to submit hard copy of the application. https://svmcm.wbhed.gov.in/ If you are facing problem in online application procedure click here to know how to apply.
- Last Date to apply for the Scholarship is 31st October 2018
Candidates, who’re going to apply for OASIS Scholarship West Bengal 2018, they must have the following eligibility criteria, take a look. This scholarship only for class IX-X and class XI-XII student having valid caste certificate.
- Candidates should have their caste certificate.
- Their parent’s income should not exceed 2, 00,000 lakh per annum.
- They must secure the 50% marks in the previous final examination.
Deadline : 20-05-2018. (The application submission date over. You can note down this schoalrship for 2019.)
Scholarship Provided by Central Government
Inspire scholarship is one of the best scholarship. If you once selected for this scholarship then they will take care your financial support for your education but you have to perform well in each and every year to renew it. You can apply this scholarship after your higher secondary exam.
This scheme offers 10,000 scholarships every year @ Rs.80,000/- each for undertaking Bachelor and Masters level education in the Natural & Basic sciences, possessing any of the following criteria:
- Students who happen to be among the top 1% in 12th standard at their respective Board Examinations and are pursuing courses in Natural and Basic sciences at the B.Sc. or Integrated M.Sc. levels.
- Students who have secured in the Joint Entrance Examination of JEE-Advance top 10,000 ranks, JEE-Main (top 10,000 ranks) plus those clearing NEET (top 10,000 ranks).
- Students admitted to Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER), National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER), Department of Atomic Energy Centre for Basic Sciences (DAE-CBS) at the University of Mumbai or happen to be Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY), National Talent Search Examination (NTSE), Jagadish Bose National Science Talent Search (JBNSTS) scholars and Science Olympiad Medalists, opting to undertake courses in the Natural & Basic sciences leading to B.Sc. and M.Sc. degrees are eligible for “SHE” scholarship.
Note: If you have more then 80% marks in your class XII West Bengal Board exam then apply this scholarship must. Not only the amount is huge but also it will gives you many benefit in your near future.
(Online Application has not started yet. Check their official site (http://www.online-inspire.gov.in/) on the month of August)
More details will be updated soon
Scholarship Provided by Private Company
- Who can apply? Girl students belonging to National Minorities i.e. (i.e. Muslims, Christians, Buddhists, Sikhs, Parsis) who have completed their secondary education (class 10) and secured regular admission in class 11 are eligible to apply for the scholarship.
- The annual income of the parents of the candidates must be below 2 Lac Per Annum.
- This scholarship is a Merit-based one-time scholarship and students selected won’t be able to avail the scholarship again.
- Apart from this the Muslim girls who have completed their graduation before marriage and avails Maulana Azad Scholarship will be eligible for the “Shaadi Shagun Scheme” where they will be given Rs 51,000. Complete details below.
(Application has not started yet. Check their official website (https://scholarship-maef.org/) on the month august)